Saturday, November 29, 2014

All Black Friday Runs Must GO!

Distance: 3.98 miles
Time: 50:36
Pace: 12:34 min/mil
Most Challenging Moment: What a shocker, I got lost
Most Inspiring Moment: Sunrise over the stadium!

I'm in State College, PA right now, visiting with family for Thanksgiving, but neither snow nor black ice nor post-turkey coma could deter me from my regular run. With my alarm set twenty minutes later than usual (thanks, delayed sunrise), I headed out into snowy State College to run on a snowy, deserted Penn State campus. It was so pretty!


Even though I've been to State College easily over a dozen times, I still managed to get lost and had to rely on my GPS to figure out where to go. And even then, I ran past the house and only realized it when I'd hit a dead end. But at least I found the lion!


It also didn't help that my podcast of choice these days is the true-crime nail-biter, Serial. Dave and I listened to, like, the first eight hours on the ride to PA, and I spent my run catching up on the episodes I napped through. Nothing like a detailed, multi-layered investigation to distract from the 26-degree weather.

Back in Boston soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment