Monday, December 1, 2014

Reunited (And It Feels So Good)

Distance Run: 3.91 miles
Time: 39:35
Pace: 10:07 min/mil
Most Challenging Moment: Recovering from yesterday's nine-hour car ride
Most Inspiring Moment: Having to put on sunblock because it was so beautiful out

Look who's back!


It's Abby!

This morning, my running partner was ready to hit the road again after a week-long hiatus, but when my alarm went off at the ungodly hour of 6:45AM, I made the executive decision to sleep in. I'm still recovering from yesterday's epic car ride from State College back to Boston, wherein I had to sit in an acutely-angled seat for nine hours and we also ate at possibly the world's only Canadian-American diner (shout out to Chez Ben outside Hartford! I'll be back for the poutine).

"Weepily exhausted" would be an understatement to how I felt this morning, and since the Support Staff: Grandparents Level are staying with us this week, I got a few more hours of sleep and finally made it outside somewhere around 10AM.

And oh! What! A! Day!


Is it December 1st today? Is everyone sure? Because I went running in a tank top and my thin running tights and it felt amazing. Mid-fifties with a slight breeze? That's the kind of Boston winter I can enjoy.

I'd expected my post-car-ride stiffness to slow me down today, but possibly as a result of the beautiful weather, getting my running partner back, or my liberal use of the pause button on my GPS tracker when Abby made several pit stops, I had my best time ever.

I did have to make a small stop to stretch out my ankles, which allowed me to take a moment to enjoy the sunshine. And I wasn't alone in my appreciation:


Looks like someone's happy to be running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment