Friday, December 26, 2014

CHRISTMAS BONUS RUN!


Distance Run: 5 miles
Time: 56:39
Pace: 11:19 min/mil
Most Challenging Moment: Convincing my brother to run with me
Most Inspiring Moment: Christmas carols!

Merry Christmas, everyone! I celebrated the day by waking up early and convincing my brother to go running with me. This meant my regular partner had to be left at home. She was not happy about it.

Photo from Dave. Apparently she stood staring at the door whining for 10 minutes.
"But...but...but... Abby likes to run?"


My brother actually proved to be a pretty good partner. He hasn't run in months but his long legs and natural ability meant he was about as good as I (total training time: 8 weeks) am.

He left me after three miles, so I finished out the last two by myself, solo and without headphones. I was getting bored, so I started singing Christmas carols and made it all the way to Joy to the World before I finally spotted this:


The rest of the day was spent opening presents and consuming way too much food. Even Abby got Christmased-out.


Of course, even though Christmas was over, I still had to get up this morning and get my daily run in. Three! More! Miles!

Distance Run: 3.02 miles
Time: 33:53
Pace: 11:13 min/mil
Most Challenging Moment: Post-Christmas slump
Most Inspiring Moment: Blue skies, bright sun

Today's run was pretty unremarkable except that the dog did not want to go, either, and it was so lovely and sunny that I seriously thought I should get myself some sunblock.

I get another day to sleep and relax before my next long run. Nine miles! That's almost the longest I've ever walked/hiked/ran in one go. Wish me luck...


No comments:

Post a Comment