Friday, December 5, 2014

Running Under Extreme Baby Conditions

Distance: 3.61 miles
Time: 36:48
Pace: 10:12 min/mil
Most Challenging Moment: so...sleepy...
Most Inspiring Moment: Hey, I won some sort of prize!


Look at this face. So innocent. So unassuming. You would hardly think the night before she'd spent several hours screaming her little lungs out.

Usually, she's a pretty good sleeper. (I'm good at talking about this because the very first question people ask about Iris is, "How's she sleeping?") She's good! For a while there, we were going solid 10PM to 6AM. Eight hours! Such luxury.

Lately, though, she's rediscovered the joys of 4AM. And 3. And 1. And crying until someone picks her up and/or feeds her.

Somewhere online I found that these periods of regression and fussiness are called "wonder weeks," as in "hey your kid is a pain in the butt but they're growing and learning and isn't that wonderful?" But in our house, they're wonder weeks as in "I wonder when the baby will go to sleep. I wonder when her little lungs will wear out. I wonder if I will ever sleep again."

This, unsurprisingly, makes it tough to wake up in the morning and run. For everyone.


But as I've learned over the last month of running, so long as I get over the hurdle of leaving bed and putting on my exercise stuff, once I get out there I feel pretty good. And today, despite the exhaustion, despite my phone inexplicably punking out on me, Abby and I had a great run!

So good, we even got a prize!


(btw I still have not figured out how to redeem it)

I was blown away by how generous people were this week! Thank you to Natasha Sinel Cohen, Marisa Toniatti and Dan Wiggins, and my aunt Maureen Kenny! Thanks to your amazing support, I'm only $25 away from reaching my first thousand dollars! Are you the one to help me reach that goal? You can always check out my CrowdRise account or donate via the banner to the right -->. As always, thank you!

1 comment: