Thursday, December 18, 2014

Abby Takes a Sick Day

Distance: 5.01 miles
Time: 55:42

Pace: 11:07 min/mil
Most Challenging Moment: poor Abby :(
Most Inspiring Moment: Getting so sucked into Serial's season finale that the run flew by


My running partner is out of commission! After yesterday's run, the pup went to a corner of the room and didn't leave except to puke and/or poop all over the place. Thankfully, she's doing much better today and seems to be loving her vet-prescribed sickie diet of brown rice and cooked chicken (what luxury!), but as she was still a little out of sorts this morning, I decided to leave her at home for my first pace run.

I'm still a little iffy on the whole "pace run" concept. I think I'm supposed to be running at the pace I'd like to run the marathon at (which is 10:30-10:45), but I'm sort of always trying to run at that pace and mostly...not... Today I just ran like normal while thinking the whole time "GO FASTER."

Actually, I (along with the rest of the country, apparently) was really thinking "WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH SERIAL?!?!?" I will just say I'm on the Occam's Razor side of things, although I wanna know how that Innocence Project inquiry shakes out.

The good news is I was so distracted by the podcast that I basically shut off the running part of my brain (the part that's usually wondering how much longer I have to run).

The better news is Dave arrives tomorrow, so I'm no longer solo nighttime parenting! Because adorable is not adorable at 2 in the morning.


JK she's adorable all the time! But especially when someone else is waking up with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment