Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

Distance: 5 miles
Time: 51:10
Pace: 10:13
Most Challenging Moment: Needed to make an emergency stop at the park bathroom; closed for the season
Most Inspiring Moment: I trip over the curb (prompting dramatic gasps from onlookers), but just as I'm about to smash my face in, I catch myself and keep running (if you heard that loud "WOOOOOOHHHH!!!" at Bolyston around 2:30 today, that was me)

Happy New Year!

If you're wondering if I stayed up until midnight, let me remind you of this:


Yeah no, we were in bed by 10.

For today's pace run, I decided to leave Abby at home. This was the face I got when she realized she wasn't coming with me:


No offense to Abby, but today's run went great! Without the pup to distract me, I was able to just go, and with Act II of Into the Woods playing in my ears and a beautiful Boston afternoon in front of me, I had one of my fastest runs ever.

I explored a new part of the river run, heading toward the Museum of Science.


Re: my Most Inspiring Moment. I for serious thought I was going to break my face. I had to swerve at the last second to avoid some pedestrians and my toe clipped the top of the curb, sending me flying. Literally six people around me were like [GASP] and probably thought they were going to witness someone getting flattened, but then I caught myself and kept going! I was so pleased to still be alive that I started laughing hysterically, and the brush-with-death adrenaline kept me motoring through the rest of the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment