Saturday, January 24, 2015

Sloppy Swish

Distance: 9 miles
Time: 1:45:28
Pace: 11:43 min/mil
Most Challenging Moment: I fall on my butt. This turns out to be a Bad Thing
Most Inspiring Moment: That post-run shower...

Yesterday, I forgot to post this picture I took of a flock of white geese hanging out by the Charles:


I've never seen white geese in Boston before, which is why I was like "Imma take a picture of this."

Turns out those geese knew something, because this is what it looks like outside today:


It's snowing! And guess who likes snow!


With all the snow, I knew today was going to be a mess, so I figured why not throw the pup onto the mix? Her trainer turned me on to Musher's Secret, this crazy wax that's supposed to protect her from salt and snow, and it worked great! She had no trouble with the sidewalks in front of the hotels, which are usually so oversalted it's like running on gravel. Apparently it also gives her some grippiness, because she was solid as a rock!


And probably I should have put some on my sneakers, because I went down. There were some runners with their dog coming toward us on the path, and I decided to pull Abby off the path so that I could properly distract her. Turns out I did a great job distracting her, because I immediately fell on my butt and she was like "You're at my level! I WOULD LIKE TO LICK YOUR FACE NOW."


I tried to make it look like I had fallen on purpose because hey! who doesn't like hanging out in wet snow?! Finally I dragged myself to my feet and realized I had maybe...pulled something..? This was what I'd sort of been worried about for a while, and by the time I got to nine miles, I pretty much couldn't wait to stop.

This is a little worrisome, although I'm home now and feeling better. That might be because I took the most amazing shower ever or possibly because I made myself a little egg toast with salt and butter. Oh! I also discovered I am officially back to pre-baby weight, which, hey, that's cool.* And because I moved my run up a day, I have THREE! DAYS! OFF! I haven't gone that long without running for over a month.

Stay cozy out there!

Abby post-run. Also feeling pretty great.**


*I include this fact mostly to point out that there are Kardashians who claim to lose all the baby weight in six weeks, and I am literally running a marathon and it takes five months. It's a process, people. Love that post-baby body.

**I wanted to title this post "Five Now Dog Five!" but I worried only Dave would get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment