Thursday, January 15, 2015

Shorter Hair Will Make Me Run Faster

Distance Run: 6.03 miles
Time: 1:06:17
Pace: 11:00 min/mil
Most Challenging Moment: Still can't find my earbuds
Most Inspiring Moment: Fancy hair!

My sister-in-law likes to tell a story about how, not long after she had my nephew, she was going about her day, thinking things were pretty all right, and passed by a mirror.

What were those bags under her eyes?! What was going on with her hair?! How had she aged twelve years in five months?!?!

She immediately went out, got highlights, and bought all new make up until she felt like a normal human person again.

I think all new moms reach a point where the combined stress and sleeplessness finally catches up to them and forces them to do something about it, and this week, I hit it.

So! I cut off all my hair!


I lo-o-o-o-ove it! It's so cute and bouncy!


Plus now I know what the back of my head looks like! Here are some more pictures of me looking dumb (with awesome hair):






This was two minutes into naptime. Don't judge.

My new 'do also means that I look like Amelie when I wear my knitting hat out running and I don't have a giant hunk of hair bobbing out of my collar. I was hoping it would also make me more aerodynamic, but as you can see from today's pace, I still got a long way to go.

Is it obvious that I'm avoiding talking about today's run to instead talk about my hair? That's because it was cold, miserable, and boring. I still can't find my headphones. I almost slipped on black ice approximately one thousand times. It's too cold/there's too much salt on the streets to take Abby with me. We're in dark days, here, people.

The only positive was that as soon as I came home, the baby went down for an epic 2-hour nap, which meant I had an epic 2-hour nap.

Which is good, because I'm running out of hair to cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment