Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Run Right, Run, Write

Distance: 3.05 miles
Time: 29:27
Pace: 9:39 min/mil
Most Challenging Moment: Two layers of pants, two jackets, hat, gloves, scarf = marshmallow runner
Most Inspiring Moment: Nicest commute ever!

My mom was with us this week, which meant in addition to our apartment looking better than it has since we've moved in (seriously, our toaster shines), I had a live-in babysitter, allowing me to pack a bag and get some work done off-site.

Ever since my office got taken over by jumperoos and bassinets, I've been looking for a quiet place outside of the apartment to work, and this week, I finally joined the Writers' Room of Boston!


It's a comfy, serene, shared workspace in downtown Boston, and I already wish I could go there every single day. I started by going every day this week, and oh! It! Was! Great! I got a coffee! I didn't get thrown up on! Silence! Silence for more than 45 minutes! What luxury.

It also turns out to be just the right distance away for one of my three-mile runs, so with my mom leaving at 11:30 this morning, I headed out to get in both my morning run and a few hours of work.

My new run took me on a new route down Beacon Street, which is kuh-yoot. I think I saw six different dogs wearing sweaters. Then I ran downtown, where for a few minutes I joined the adorable Boston hustle-bustle. I got my coffee, changed into some comfy work clothes, and got to pretend I was a real person!

So weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment