Friday, January 2, 2015

Running Till the World Ends

Distance: 3 miles
Time: 29:37
Pace: 10:01 min/mil
Most Challenging Moment: Trying to manage my Spotify playlist while running
Most Inspiring Moment: Sunrise o'er the city

I think...I'm getting the hang of this?

When I woke up this morning, I was achy and exhausted but ready to run. Three miles? Psh. No problem. 6:45AM? Yeah, sounds good! 30 degrees? LET'S DO IT.


As much as I grub about running, I'm glad I spent those first few weeks building up a base, because now three miles is, like, my warm up. I know I'll get out, run, and get back in about half an hour. And that ain't bad, especially on days like today:


Hello pretty city.


It was around here that I got that runner's high. After fumbling around with Spotify and accidentally listening to Nicki Minaj's cover of Anaconda (NSFW/NSFL), I went back to my girl Britney and soared across the river to the beats of Till the World Ends. It was one of those moments when everything felt good, Abby was bopping along next to me, the city was lit up with the sunrise, and I was actually happy to be out of bed exercising.

And then LMFAO came on and I dropped my phone and it shut itself off. Here's a picture of it!






Thank you to Monica Cepak for donating to my CrowdRise account! It's a new year, people, and the marathon fundraising deadline looks a lot closer on this side of the calendar. Your support means so much to me and the kids of Codman Academy, so I hope you'll consider donating today!

No comments:

Post a Comment