Thursday, February 26, 2015

It's Called the "Get the Baby and the Groceries Home from the Store" Work Out

Tuesday's Run
Distance: 5 miles
Most Challenging Moment: So. Cold.
Most Inspiring Moment: Finished my book!

Wednesday's Run
Distance: 8 miles
Most Challenging Moment: Looooong day
Most Inspiring Moment: Bye, bye Lil' Sebastian

Thursday's Run
Distance: 5 miles
Most Challenging Moment: Getting out of bed
Most Inspiring Moment: Conan on Grindr

Whatta week! I'm guessing all of Boston is feeling about the same: cold, tired, stressed-out, and dreaming of spring. Between marathon training, Dave's workload, puppy classes, and the baby bein' a baby, I'm feeling pretty exhausted. But! I'm still getting my miles in! (sort of. On the really tough days I've been walking with the babe instead of running BUT STILL)

The worst part was earlier in the week, when I took the kid on a walk to run some errands and went to the grocery store. I thought I was smart in bringing a tote bag with me for the groceries but instead the bagger seemed to see it as a challenge and managed to tetris-stack every one of my groceries in this poor bag. I only realized when I dropped off the cart that this thing was at least 30lbs, and since Dave was at work, I had to carry this stupid thing, plus the baby, plus the diaper bag, plus the bags from the other stuff we picked up. By the time I got home, I was sweating, swearing, and aching. Who needs a gym when you have no car and a desire to eat?

Earlier this week I talked with my marathon-running brother-in-law about nutrition and learned about what I should be eating and drinking (hint: not just water). I also learned that "GI distress" is the polite term for "needing to poop immediately." His advice led me to go out and pick up some fancy carbonated tablets that the lady at the running store said was like all the good stuff of Gatorade, minus the 21 grams of sugar.

I'm looking forward to trying it out this Saturday, with my next 18 miler (!!!).

Other fun things this week:

We celebrated Abby's adoption-versary! As a gift, I let Abby come up on the couch. She immediately draped herself over my lap and was snoring within 5 minutes.


The baby tried applesauce! It did not go well.


More successful: the ball pit at baby class.


Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment