Friday, February 13, 2015

Go for a Run?! Y Not?!

Wednesday's Run
Distance: 5 miles
Most Challenging Moment: dumb book
Most Inspiring Moment: love the treadmills

Thursday's Run
Distance: 7 miles
Most Challenging Moment: ugh
Most Inspiring Moment: keep up the pace

I'm still cycling through all of Boston's finest gyms, burning through free trials like it's my job, and I think I've finally found the one I actually want to give money to:


Bring out the dancing construction worker, we're going to the Y!

I was a little wary, as Ys don't often have the...best reputation, but the one on Huntington Ave is seriously gorgeous, completely renovated, and stocked with the best treadmills I've ever used. I'll have to take a photo next time I'm there, but they're like the perfect combination of sturdy but not too bulky, nice touch screen technology, and they even have a tiny air conditioner built in to blow cool air at you! Love it.

They also have the "pretend like you're running outdoors" option, but when I selected the California coastline, I was treated to a video of your basic pedestrian-filled city street. There was actually even a part where the video went through some sort of dilapidated warehouse district. All they needed was smell-o-vision for the many dumpsters.

I decided to take today's run off so I can be in tip-top condition for this weekend's long run, which I'll once again have to do on Saturday because once again it will be snowing 18 inches in Boston.

I mean, this is getting ridiculous, people. This is what the banister outside my apartment looks like:


I've at least learned my lesson from last week and will be sticking to (hopefully clear) city sidewalks instead of the mess that is the river run. One half marathon and then it's back to snow town!

No comments:

Post a Comment